Friday, March 9, 2012

Mary Kay with relocating and the Military

Being military has been one of the best things for my business, because of the fact that most teams, are all in one location. Our team, is actually in 6 different states, (since we have no territories) and so this makes our team stronger, and we will be an AMAZING UNIT because we ARE working in different states. Our team is in Colorado, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Texas and Kansas. 

My biggest challenge has probably been the "fear factor" - moving or starting my business and not knowing ANYONE. When I started my business, we had only been back stateside from Germany for 3 weeks, and Eric was leaving a week later for his 3 month school. Moving the business out here to Colorado, we got to Fort Carson in October, and he deployed in Dec. So I have had to work the business, being a "single parent at the time" and a total stranger to people.

   Having to move my business has also allowed me to think "outside of the box" and to put some ideas into place that I normally would not have thought of. I have to think of ways to get my information out to lots of people in a lot of different ways.

    I actually get the best of both worlds, because my Sales Director "mom" is North Carolina. My Adopted Director "step-mom" is here in Colorado. So I get knowledge, training and motivation from both of them. No matter where our team is at, we find them a local Adopted Director that they can connect with and be able to get motivation and training from.

No comments:

Post a Comment